Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tempest Practice IOC 4

Apologies for the late upload. Technical difficulties had my head swimming with the sharks. The link is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b_Ti-p8tixdkNVOWdtWW9CNDQ/view?usp=sharing
The passage is as follows:

ALONSO
I long
To hear the story of your life, which must
Take the ear strangely.

PROSPERO
I'll deliver all;
And promise you calm seas, auspicious gales
And sail so expeditious that shall catch
Your royal fleet far off.

Aside to ARIEL

My Ariel, chick,
That is thy charge: then to the elements
Be free, and fare thou well! Please you, draw near.

Exeunt

EPILOGUE
SPOKEN BY PROSPERO
Now my charms are all o'erthrown,
And what strength I have's mine own,
Which is most faint: now, 'tis true,
I must be here confined by you,
Or sent to Naples. Let me not,
Since I have my dukedom got
And pardon'd the deceiver, dwell
In this bare island by your spell;
But release me from my bands
With the help of your good hands:
Gentle breath of yours my sails
Must fill, or else my project fails,
Which was to please. Now I want
Spirits to enforce, art to enchant,
And my ending is despair,
Unless I be relieved by prayer,
Which pierces so that it assaults
Mercy itself and frees all faults.
As you from crimes would pardon'd be,

Let your indulgence set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment